All media developed to inform and educate it’s audience.
Homeless and Runaways
- 1.6 to 2.8 million youths experience homelessness and runaway each year.
- Runaway – It is an individual under the age of eighteen that lacks parental, foster, or institutional care.
- Homeless – is an individual who lacks a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence.
- They are under the age of eighteen.
- This is caused in problems like family problems, economic problems, and residential instability
- Lots of homeless youth leave because of physical and sexual abuse, strained relationships, addiction of a family member, and parental neglect.
- Some become homeless when their families suffer financial crisis and lack of affordable housing.
- Lack of affordable housing contributes to the number of homeless teens in the US, when families suffer from financial crisis.
- Either their parents told them to leave or knew their child was leaving and didn’t care. I think they are just angry they don’t really mean it.
- What they can do is ask someone for help. They can ask can ask Teen Care or National Runaway Switch Board
- Majority of homeless and runaways youths are between the ages of 15 to 17,but 3 out of 100 run away are under the age of 10,11 out of 100 are 13 to 14 yrs of age.
- 1 in 10 homeless and runaway females is reported pregnant.
- Teenage males represent 55% of homeless youths and 65% runaways.
- Teenage females represent 65% of runaway and 45% as homeless youths.