PSAs primarily concerned with substance abuse as well as PSAs conforming to the ‘Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs’ PSA guidelines.
1) Each year, an estimated 443,000 people die prematurely from smoking or exposure to secondhand smoke
2) approximately 46.6 million U.S. adults smoke cigarettes
3) An estimated 88 million nonsmoking Americans, including 54% of children aged 3–11 years, are exposed to secondhand smoke
4) Secondhand smoke exposure causes serious disease and death, including heart disease and lung
5) an estimated 3,000 nonsmoking Americans die of lung cancer
6) more than 46,000 die of heart disease
7) Seven percent of all deaths of people aged 30 and over in India are attributed to tobacco
8 ) Globally, about 17.3 million people die of cardiovascular diseases and 10% of the deaths are due to tobacco use
9) Approximately one person dies every six seconds due to tobacco
10) There are more than 4,000 chemicals in tobacco smoke, of which over 50 can cause cancer
Recently we took the postcards on this website and turned them into real postcards to help educate the Asian youth of Minnesota. Below are the six postcards we selected.
Thank you to everyone who submitted a postcard!