Even though it is the holiday and everyone is eating crazy, always try to eat something healthy per day. These are some options that you can sneak in before your holiday dinner, before, swap with deserts, or as snacks.
Fruits are sweet and fun to eat. There are variety amount which you can chose from.
1. Banana - 110 calories, Potassium, Vitamin C, Iron, Vitamin B-6
2. Apple – 116 calories, Vitamin A and C, fiber, Potassium
3. Grapes – 61 calories (of 1 cup), Vitamin K and C, Potassium, Magnesium
4. Strawberries – 49 calories, Vitamin C, Calcium, Fiber
5. Oranges – 62 calories, Vitamin C, Potassium, Thiamin, Fiber
Vegetables aren’t the first option to eat during the holidays, but if you can eat them whether in a salad or just a quick snack, it’s helping your body.
1. Lettuce – 5 calories, Vitamin A, K, and C, Iron, Fiber
2. Spinach – 7 calories, Vitamin A and C, Calcium, Iron
3. Broccoli – 50 calories, fiber, Vitamin A and C, Iron,
4. Tomatoes – 22 calories, Vitamin A, B-6, B-12, and C, Calcium, Iron, Fiber
5. Carrots – 25 calories, Vitamin A, C, and B-6, Calcium, Iron